Monday, July 8, 2019

Any questions about anything we shared?"

July 8, 2019

Any questions about anything we shared?  "No, I just have a comment, I think you should be a preacher!"

Technology is so cool!! We are teaching a recent convert  from Georgia and all her Elders were able to skype in at the end and share their testimonies with her. It was pretty cool having like 12 missionaries come together for one special girl!





I SAW SIS TENNY TODAY MIRACULOUSLY!! MY HEART WAS SO HAPPY! 

I am now in a trio because of a sister had to have surgery. So now I have two babies I get to train! please pray for me lol 
-happy fourth of July! 



Hello from the great ABM! Lots has changed around here! We now have the whole state of Alabama in our mission and the panhandle of Florida! Also the Sainsbury's went home, President and Sister Allred are now running the show. It has been so crazy to see all the changes but it added to my testimony that revelation has not ceased! This Gospel is so true and how blessed are we to be apart of it! 

So the conversation from my subject line came from the sweetest girl we met on the fourth of July. We got a referral from the Spanish Sisters and they are one of the greatest miracles of my mission. They are sisters, Shantinique and Dominique. They literally have my heart, they are so genuine and searching for peace only the Gospel can bring!

We met them Thursday and taught them the Restoration of Jesus Christ's Gospel. I have never had someone so intently listen to everything I was saying. We gave them the Book of Mormon and it was literally like giving them diamonds, they were so happy! We came back the next day and read with them, Shantinique did not want to stop reading, she was completely in love with the Book. I will never get tired of seeing how the Spirit can literally change peoples countenance as they read. It is one of my favorite things about being a missionary. 

We came back on Saturday and were planning on teaching about the Sacrament and why church is so important. We started the lesson saying  " our message, which is centered in Jesus Christ is of great value and..." Then they at the same time go "We want to come to church with y'all, how can we do that?" I was blown away, the Spirit is the coolest thing!. We continued to teach them about the Sacrament and how we have time to truly remember what our Savior has done for us. We testified of the reality that Christ lives just for them and loves them more than they could know!  I have never seen two people be so humbled and reverent as I talked about Christ. It was the first time they really understood how personal He can be for them.  

We came by the next day with pancakes before church and some of my dresses for them to try on! It was like Christmas in July seeing them look at the clothes. They were so excited to come but didn't want to not be in dresses. Because of their circumstances they barely have anything they can claim. Bringing them some of my old dresses was nothing to me, yet meant the world to them!  They ran upstairs and put them on so fast. I can't even explain how much love I felt for them as I saw them come down the stairs dressed up for church with the Book of Mormon in their hands. I truly saw them through my Saviors eyes. They are so special. They loved church!

Dominique held my hand the whole tow hours!! I taught her when you squeeze someones hand three times that means " i love you" She kept squeezing my hand all through out. I literally cannot express how much they have changed my heart. 

Sunday school we talked about Baptism and the Holy Ghost. After they asked " how do we be baptized, we never have, can you help us?" Then they said "Would it be alright if we come every week, If that is allowed, we just have never felt so loved!" Again, my heart!! They are so special. We are teaching them tonight about how the can come closer to Christ, through His Gospel and the waters of Baptism, please pray for them!!!

Although I met these girls five days ago, I know I knew them before. I know I promised I would give them the Gospel and what an honor it is to be able to so. They are so special. I have never seen someone change so much in such a short amount of time. They went from having no love, no support and no hope. To actually seeing how important, special and adored by their Savior they truly are. 

I love my mission!! I love teaching people about Christ and being able to see Him change them. There is nothing greater to witness that the enabling power of the Atonement. I love Jesus Christ! I love Him and His Gospel with all my heart. I'm grateful for the way I've seen it change others. Most of all I'm eternally grateful for the Change He has made in me. 

I love y'all! Have the best week!💛


-Sister Schultz

No comments:

Post a Comment