Monday, August 27, 2018

WEEK Eleven

"Can I be baptized?? I want that!"

That is literally what Tracy said to us after the first lesson we had with her!! God truly does prepare his people to receive the truth this gospel brings!!

This week has been so fast! So much has happened!!

Wednesday was the end of my first transfer! Sister Clifford and I are still companions here in Cullman!! I love her with all of my heart!

On Thursday we didn't have to go to transfers because we are staying in Cullman. So we were out for our morning run and President Sainsbury calls us! One we couldn't really breath because we're both out of shape haha and two we were so scared he was going to say one of us had to leave! He stared out by saying "Sister Clifford, the lord has called you..." My heart sunk because I thought she was going to be emergency transferred! But then he said "to be the STL of the Zone!" We were so excited!

Now we get to have exchanges here in Cullman! It's going to be so much fun and now others get to experience how miraculous it is here!

Because she is the STL we got to go to MLC on Friday and meet with all the mission Zone leaders and STL's. It was the most powerful meeting I have ever been to. It truly showed me that we have to depend everything on our Father in Heaven.

I know that I am not the one who helps bring people closer to Christ. It is all through the direction of Heavenly Father! He certainly does prepare people to be on your path. Then through the Holy Ghost people come to know the things that we are telling them are true. I can testify all day long, but without the Holy Ghost they wouldn't be able to know for themselves. And then through the love of their Savior, Jesus Christ they change! They strive to become something greater because they know through Him they can! I am nothing but an instrument in God's hand. It has been the most humbling experience knowing and seeing that I have to depend 100% on them.

Friday we had our first lesson with a new person we're teaching, Tracy. She has gone through some other the most horrible things in her life! Things people don't realize could happen to one person, let alone a 20 year old. She has had to grow up with drugs all her life because of her family. She has lost her children by death  and because of living situations. She has been homeless and many more things no one person should go through.

Yet here she is now! Learning the true and everlasting Gospel of Jesus Christ! She is giving up everything, family, friends, drugs, she has nothing and no one left. It has been the most humbling experience teaching her because she has the strongest desire to change! After our first lesson with her she asked if she can be baptized because she said she new she would finally be happy!

Saturday was the funeral for Betty Robinson! She is one of the most Christ-like people I have ever met. She reminded me so much of my own grandma and really made it hit home. The Robinson family have taken us missionaries in like their own! They are a home a way from home and I can't express how much that means to me! It was a special day and the whole time, yet there was sadness, this over whelming feeling of peace came. It was amazing to see that this great Plan of Happiness is true! Something that we taught just the other day, was now being witnessed in front of us. The spirit testified to me that this is the truth! That one day we will all be reunited! All because of our Savior Jesus Christ! I'm so honored to witness this that day and to be apart of the wonderful Robinson family!

I spoke in sacrament yesterday and it was good I hope! haha
We went back over to Tracy's Sunday night and she had quick smoking! We were going over the word of wisdom that night with her, and she had already given it up!! She is so amazing! She has found the truth and is doing all she can to obtain it fully!

I was able to gain an even greater testimony this week that this it the true church! It is for everyone!! It doesn't matter who you are, where you've been or what you've done, this Gospel can and will change your life. It is for you!!! Because GOD IS FOR YOU, so it doesn't really matter who is against you! I testify with all of my heart that God loves you,  you are important to him! I know that Jesus Christ lives! I know that the book of Mormon is truly another testament of Him. You're life will be changed as your prayerfully and humbly study it.

I love y'all so much! I love this gospel with every ounce of my soul! I couldn't deny it, even if I wanted to! I know it is true! I'm so lucky to be a missionary in Alabama! It's changing my life!

Have a great week y'all!

-Sister Schultz!

No comments:

Post a Comment