Monday, April 22, 2019

Death, Burial and The Resurrection


We finally toured around since it is our last P-Day together.  I love Sister Tennyson!


Hello!!! 

WOW I love Easter! I love this Gospel! I love my Savior!! 

It was truly the greatest Easter weekend I have ever had, and probably will ever have! I love holidays on missions because everything that you focus on is the true importance. I loved focusing on my Savior, remembering the sacrifice He has made. I love Him, I love that through Him change, redemption and overcoming anything is possible. 
Kevin with Sister Tennyson and Sister Schultz

I was truly so blessed to have seen Kevin enter the waters of baptism on Saturday and receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday. He is one of the biggest miracles of my mission. I have never seen the Gospel spark such a dramatic change in someone before! Who we met two months ago was not the same person who stood up after his baptism and bore the most powerful testimony of this Restored Gospel. (he told us that he stayed up until 3am preparing his testimony because he wanted it to be perfect!)  

There is no better way to celebrate and remember Christ than to see the powerful effect his Gospel and Atonement can have on someone! I love Kevin, I am so honored to have witnessed Jesus Christ convert Him and lead in to the waters of Baptism! 

Also this week end right after Kevin's baptism, ELI WAS BAPTIZED!!!!  So not only was it a miracle to see one baptism, but God is so GOOD and we witnessed another person come to the Fold of God! 
Kevin before he was baptized

We met Eli our first week here, we had just white washed into Birmingham and getting lost was very common. On one of these adventures of being lost we came across Eli. He was on his balcony chewing tobacco and holding a beer. He called out to us "pretty girls" to see if we  wanted to come up and join him. We told him that we were missionaries and had an appointment haha so sadly we couldn't join him. We invited him to church that week and he agreed. We decided it would be best to have the Elders teach him so we sent them over to him. Well he came to church the next 10 weeks in a row, took all the lessons from the Elders and quit everything to completely follow God! 
Eli's wanted to get baptised in a river....it was beautiful

Eli's entering the water of Baptism

He was so happy when he came out of the water!
Eli with Sister Tennyson and Sister Schultz



Eli with the the Sister Missionaries and Elder's before his baptism
Eli had a lot of support for his baptism
Before Kevin and Eli's Baptism



Finding cool things in Birmingham


No comments:

Post a Comment