Tuesday, May 28, 2019

A little more time and a little more faith

May 28, 2019

A little more time and a little more faith

Hello! 

Life here in Alabama has been SO busy and I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for it. Missions are the greatest and WOW  am I so blessed to be a missionary! 

So this week we had a lot of our friends not really progressing. (Like three families we were trying to teach, who I would beg would accept the Gospel, would never work out!). We would stop by and they'd never be home or they would always miss our appointments. We had stopped by at all of their houses a few times the past few weeks and so we decided to give them sometime before we went back and focus on others.

Well yesterday we made plans but I felt like we needed to go see our friends. So literally driving to our other plans the spirit was so strong and told us to "go see..." it was always they family we were closest too. So we turned right then and went. It happened THREE times, specifically right when we were by those three families homes. God just didn't want us to give up on them, I didn't want to give up on them! That day every time we walked to the door of one of these families, I would say to Sister Lawrence "okay this will be the last time we come by." Every single time the families were home and we were able to teach them!!! Just needed a little more time and a little more faith.

GOD IS SO GOOD! Now we have three different families that were about to be dropped, progressing towards Christ!! Those have also been some of the most powerful lessons I have had on my mission. I'm grateful for the Spirit to guide us to be at the perfect place and at the perfect time. I'm grateful that I've learned to never give up on people, always FOLLOW UP! 

This week reminded me of  Matthew chapter nine. As I was studying it a whole new perspective came to me. Christ performed many miracles in this chapter but the one that has stood out to me the most was when He raises Jairus's daughter from the dead. Jairus comes to Jesus, begging to save his daughter before she passed. Knowing, believing and trusting that Christ has the power to do so. How many of us come to Christ to fix something we are struggling with in our lives. Having enough faith that He can do miracles. I do this with every single person we meet and teach. I know Christ can help them change but I need to focus more on His time, than mine. 

to continue, Jesus Christ of course goes to help, but on the way He stops to heal the women with the issue of blood. We hear about this story and that of itself can teach you so many things. But I want to focus on Jairus during this whole thing. Could you imagine watching your child almost pass, then finding the one Man who can heal her and then on the way see Him stop to heal someone else. I don't know how he actually felt, but to me I would think "come on, my child is waiting, we don't have time! she is already healed, don't go back!" And the most heartbreaking



Sister Lawrence and Sister Schultz at the Temple

Summer Fruit, Humidity, all part of Alabama

thing would be when the Savior does come and they do finally make it to Jairus's home, only to see that his daughter did pass away. 

How many of you have gone to the Lord, having so much faith and completely knowing that He can do it. Then you see that life doesn't happen how you planned. The miracle you planned for on the time you hoped for, didn't happen. It's happen to me, I find myself doing this a lot when our friends don't progress. What Christ says next is the thing that always gives me hope to keep going. 

He says "Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth." Now she clearly was dead, people even laughed when Christ said this because everyone saw she was dead. But in the eyes of Christ and through His Atonement, NO ONE IS TOO FAR GONE FOR HIM TO SAVE!.  So in His time and His will, Jairus's daughter was raised. All it took was a little more time and a little more faith. So when we have a "Jairus experience" just give it a little more time and a little more faith! I promise He will deliver, He did exactly that for me with these three families. 

I love Sister Lawrence
I can testify that Christ has the power to save us all. I know He has perfect timing. I know that He can make the impossible happen. I promise He will always sees others the way they can become. It's been amazing to see that as I never give up and keep trying to follow up, Christ is able to spiritually wake my friends up and bring them to the truth! I Testify that no one is too far gone, and the Gospel is for everyone!! I know His timing is perfect. I love Him. I love serving Him. I love being a missionary and finding those that to others seem to far gone, and  knowing Christ can wake them up! I love this Gospel, its so true never give up on it, He'll never give up on you! 

I LOVE Y'ALL, HAVE A GREAT WEEK! 

-Sister Schultz 

No comments:

Post a Comment