Monday, June 3, 2019

You Can only love, as much as you are willing to feel pain

June 3, 2019

We had to let him out because we can't have pets





























Hello! 


The biggest miracle of my mission happened this week. Okay, I say that for a lot of thing...but truly this miracle blew my mind!! I knew that God's timing is perfect and that He is in our details but after this THERE IS NO WAY I COULD DENY IT NOW. 
We went to the Birmingham Zoo

So our friends Farello and Wilnied are truly golden. We knocked on their door, went in and taught the greatest Plan of Salvation lesson ever. The spirit was so strong and Farello said "this just makes sense, God's love is infinite." After I was so pumped and just kept telling Sister Lawrence "God is so Good! God is so Good!"
We heart attacked their door the next day and brought them a scripture card and treat the next. (very Sister Missionary I know;)) but I have never seen someone so grateful because of a heart attack! They put them on their family wall, literally the first thing  you seen when you walk in. I love them so much. 

We stopped by the next day to confirm our appointment for Saturday and that is when we met Rita, Farellos mom. She was soooo happy to see us and kept saying "ohhhh the mormons, I love the mormons! I love my sisters! I told them it was the mormons who had to have made the door. Ohh i love the mormons!" 

We hugged her and kept saying "yes we are members of the Church of Jesus Christ! We love you too!" 
Well we were a little confused because she kept saying "I love my sisters!" and we'd say "yes we love you too!!" and she would correct us and said "no I love MY SISTERS." 

So after a little talking she says " 20 years ago I had sister missionaries, and I WAS BAPTIZED!!!" 

Tori came to the zoo with us!
I WAS SHOCKED!!!! I kept asking her over and over "wait, you were baptized into our church?! You're a member of our Church?!" She probably thought I was hard of hearing or crazy or something because I kept asking! I couldn't believe it!!  For probably 20 minutes after I kept saying "she is a member, God is so good! She is a member, I can't believe it!!" 

Her husband joined as well, but his work visa expired and he had to go home to their country Suriname. She had to move with her family to Alabama and lost contact with the Church. She was so happy to see us and come back to church. Now with her family learning the Gospel as well! She told us before we left "bring the Book, they need the Book!" 

We taught them the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and they are preparing for baptism soon! 
GOD TRULY IS A GOD OF MIRACLES! 

My subject line was a quote I found this week. "you can only love, as much as you are willing to feel pain" 
It made me really reflect on the Love of my Savior and His choice to suffer for me. 

I have truly felt the greatest love on my mission as I see the Gospel change peoples lives. I have also felt the greatest pain as the ones I love choose not to accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Yet I still wake up daily so excited to be a missionary, knowing that there will be pain but the joy that comes is so much greater. 

So that brought me to why my Jesus, chose to be my Savior. I know that He chose to do so because of His perfect, infinite love. I also believe that He did it because He had enough Faith in me. That He truly believed His sacrifice would stand as a lasting testimony to me of His love. That I could continually reflect on it. Continually ponder on how it was possible. And in the end know the only true reason why He was willing to feel pain, was because He loved me. I believe He understood that pain was to come but had enough Hope in me to be able to see His love through it. I truly believe He was willing to chose that pain because He knew it would bring me to choose Him.  I believe, He believed in me. I believe, He believed in you. So to show His love He chose to feel pain. Now we have and infinite and eternal witness that HE DID IT FOR US!  

  • Hymn 185 was played yesterday to prepare for the Sacrament. Verse four stood out to me so much and I wanted to share it. As you read it, truly imagine your Savior pleading this too you. 
  • 4. At the throne I intercede;
  • For thee ever do I plead.
    I have loved thee as thy friend,
    With a love that cannot end.
    Be obedient, I implore,
    Prayerful, watchful evermore,
    And be constant unto me,
    That thy Savior I may be.

He is the Savior and always will be. He can only become your personal Savior if you let Him in. So reflect on his Sacrifice again and again. Come to find His love through His pain. Then know that He is pleading for you to come. He loves you! I can testify of that. I love you! Have an amazing week. 

-Sister Schultz

No comments:

Post a Comment