Monday, July 30, 2018

Blackmon Kids Baptism!!!

Car selfie to remember my first ZC

Wow what a special week it was!!!!


We had Zone Conference which was so amazing! It was from 9 to 4!! I could not believe all that I learned in that amount of time! It would take forever to tell you all my thoughts and impressions so I'm just choosing one I hope Y'all can apply to yourselves!

President Sainsbury said that "YOU CHOSE to come on a mission" He then asked us "do you know WHY?" We all took a few minutes to reflect on the answer. It was such a cool experience, sincerely asking myself why I am serving. He promised us at the end that if we always remember the WHY and keep that always in mind, we will never waver!

Thankful for the Bate's family today & everyday
We had a crazy week of teaching! We have 5 people on date to be baptized and 4 who will be baptized on Saturday!! It is a miraculous sight to see people truly coming unto their Savior! The advisory works just as hard in these moments though!! All the people on date have born testimony to us that they know the Book of Mormon is true! That the Plan of Salvation makes perfect sense! That Joseph Smith was called of God! Yet they all have something that is holding them back. Fear, addictions even family members! They begin to forget their WHY! Why they believed its true or why they had a desire to be baptized in the first place!

The baptism was such a special day! Mikayla, Haley, Wyatt and Claire entered the waters of baptism after waiting 2 years for their parents permission and having multiple missionaries teach them! During this time they never forgot the reason WHY they wanted to be baptized! They sat across from us before they were, while we listened to the speakers. It was like looking at Heaven on earth! They were so happy you could feel the excitement! It was so special to witness these special children of God enter the waters of baptism!

We sat by them on Sunday during sacrament meeting. They were all confirmed members of the church and received the Holy Ghost! Their blessings were so specific and unique to each one of them. You could feel the individual love Heavenly Father had for them! They hugged us right after and I was brought to tears! Heavenly Father just received four of his children into his kingdom and gave them his most wonderful gift! I was one of the first people to hug them after, how am I so lucky?! I will never be able to answer that! They are very special kids, they are setting the example for the rest of their futures! I'm so honored to know them!

I asked them after their WHY. Why did you want to be Baptized and why did you never give up on your desire to be Baptized? They all told me it was because of their Savior! They wanted to follow Him, or be more like Him or become closer to Him!

So I ask all of you, what is your WHY?

Why are you a member of the church? Why did you/are you serving a mission? Why are you living the life you are?

I hope you can answer honestly...BECAUSE OF HIM!

Sister Clifford shared with me a quote from Elder Andersen when he came and spoke to our mission a few months ago
"Ask your self, do I believe in Christ? Then do ALL you can to receive an answer to know that He is your Savior.  When you get that answer, NEVER desert Him and NEVER question it again!"

If y'all don't know who your savior is, find him! Take the counsel from an Apostle of the Lord by gaining a sure testimony of Him. Then never lose sight of your WHY!

I can promise you that the minute you start living for Him, you will find the true purpose of life! Live for Him, because I can promise you that He not only lived for YOU, He suffered all of YOUR pains, He was willing to die for YOU and He rose again on the third day so that YOU can one day do the same! In relief society they gave us a hand out that said "Is what you're living worth Christ dying?" I hope to always be able to answer yes to this!

I just want to invite y'all to figure out your WHY. Truly ask yourself, study it out and pray to know! Then write it down when its centered on your Savior and never lose sight of it! I promise y'all that your life will improve when it is centered on Him. I testify with all my heart that He is the only way to live and He is WHY I am here today!


I love my Savior and I know that he loves you!

Have a great week!!

-Sister Schultz





A sister who used to serve here came to visit and took us to lunch!

On our way to Zone Conference we past NASA in Huntsville!
AP Swainstin and us after Zone Conference!
Levi who we are teaching, at the ward party playing volleyball with us!

We went to a legit farm!! It was beautiful!

Me braiding everyone's hair before the baptism!




No comments:

Post a Comment