Friday, July 6, 2018

Week Three Sweet Home Alabama--My last P-Day in the MTC

Sweet Home Alabama--My last P-Day in the MTC




Hello everyone!!!

This is the last p-day I will have at the MTC! Its so crazy how fast it has gone by!! I can't believe in FOUR days I'll be in Sweet Home Alabama!!

I LOVE THE MTC!!!! It seriously makes me so sad to think about leaving this place! The MTC has changed my life forever, if  I went home right now I would never be the same person and I'm so grateful for that! Luckily I get 17 more months to keep growing and changing to be who God want me to be! 

It would take way to long share all the amazing and special experiences I've had this week, so I've decided to just share one story that taught me a deeper meaning of the atonement!









Last P-day we as a district had a hard time focusing on our purpose in class later that night. Our teacher was very frustrated and we weren't giving him respect that he deserves! 
So the next day as sisters we were talking on how we can improve and really use all the time we have left in the MTC to become better missionaries. We came up with goals and ideas then thought we should share it with the Elders. They wanted me to conduct because they said I can make any situation happy haha. So I tried my best!

We came to class early which cut into our lunch time and I could tell the Elders we a little upset about it. As soon as we started the discussion the spirit was instantly gone and I felt SOOO SICK! It was so weird, I'd never felt that way before. We tried to make goals to help us be more respectful and better missionaries, yet no one would speak. It was pointless to try and this overwhelming feeling of sickness/sadness kept getting stronger. 
So we ended and prepared for class and I was soooo sad! I had no idea why! Everyone kept asking what was wrong and where my enthusiasm went and I honestly could not answer! 
We went to our teaching appointments and diner and still I could not get happy! 

We came back to our night class and still I couldn't be happy!! I was just consumedAfter class one of the Elders said he had to talk to me about something and that awful feeling came back so strong! He started to CRY!!!! and with tears in his eyes he just apologized to me! He was upset that I called a meeting because he is the district leader and it was his place to call those not mine. So he told all the Elders and then they were all mad they couldn't have longer lunch or time to get ready. Yet after he felt soooo bad and upset that he was the cause of the anger. He realized what he did was wrong and was so sincere about asking for my forgiveness! I was bawling at this point because when he apologized to me the spirit instantly came back! The reason I was so sad was because I didn't have the spirit with me anymore. I let there anger consume my thoughts and thinking I was wrong or not good enough.  
and  felt so much sadness. I was so confused because nothing changed and I was trying to do everything to have the spirit with me again!





Yet when he was asking for forgiveness, with this most guilty look and sincere desire to make things right, I wasn't mad because of what he did, I wasn't upset that the spirit was gone because of this experience, all I could feel was this overwhelming feeling of love. I knew he was sorry, I knew he wanted to be better and I knew he would never do this again. 
I didn't want him to be sad, I didn't want him to feel guilty for what he had said or done, all I wanted was for him to know I forgave him and that I still loved him like my brother! Nothing else mattered to be then having him know thats how I truly felt so that he wouldn't beat himself up about it anymore, to know that he can move on from this guilt. 

I want to testify that this is exactly how our savior feels for us!! He doesn't hold your guilt against you. He will never look at you like you aren't deserving enough for forgiveness. He won't feel betrayed or hurt when you sincerely Come to Him seeking for forgiveness. All He will feel is LOVE. And nothing else will matter to Him except you knowing that he will FORGIVE you and that He will ALWAYS LOVE YOU!! Your Savior lived for You, died for You, and most important He suffered all that You will suffer so He can comfort You and let You know that you will always be worthy of  Love and Forgiveness! 

I was so grateful for this experience to feel a glimpse of what our savior feels for us! All the elders are wonderful and we are all learning together! The all wrote me notes and apologized and said that they never want to take away happy Sister Schultz again haha! They are great! Truly like my brothers! 








We watched fireworks and all color coordinated on the 4th it was awesome!

Also I started to read the Book of Mormon again but this time with a question I want answered! It has been such an amazing experience to see how every chapter has an answer specific for me!! I would invite all of you to get a new Book of Mormon, write you question on the inside cover and then as for the Holy Ghost to teach you what God wants you to hear. I promise if you do this sincerely seeking to find truth, you'll get it. You love for this precious Book will grow show much and you will have this craving to always read it! 

I know that Jesus Christ is YOUR savior! He loves you so much!! God wants to guide you and will as soon as you ask him too! He loves you, you are HIS! I hope you all know how much I love you!!! 

Have a great week!

Sister Schultz

Laundry Day--last one in the MTC





No comments:

Post a Comment