Monday, January 14, 2019

Have a Great week y'all๐Ÿ’œ


Sister Bodily and Sister Schultz


Hello!!

What an amazing week!!! 

On Tuesday we went to the temple with Connie!! But funny Sister Schultz thought that the temple opened at 6am. So we drove their that afternoon and pulled into the most empty parking lot I have ever seen! Turns out the temple opens at 6PM!!!! I felt soooo bad!! This is not Utah, temples aren't opened all the time and all day long!! Huge lesson learned in triple checking and made me appreciate temples even more!! But it all worked out! We had an early dinner and thank goodness for technology we were still able to do some missionary work!

It was truly an incredible experience to walk into the temple baptistery with Connie! The spirit was so strong!! It hit my like ton of bricks. The was the most incredible sight to see. I have never felt or understood Gods love like that before! TRULY A MIRACLE!! We were the only ones there and let me tell you, it was like Heaven on Earth! We were able to go over things from the restoration and the Plan of Salvation. We had like a mini scripture study right then and there. Best day ever!! I love the temple! I love the scriptures! I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Another cool experience that happened there was as we were walking out there was a picture of The First Vision. I recited it as we all looked at the picture...wow! This Gospel is so TRUE!

Connie and Sister Schultz 
I cooked a HAM! 
WE MET MARY THIS WEEK!!!!! That lesson was literally one of the greatest experiences of my life. She was a Bible referral. Which means she ordered a Bible online. We got to her house and just talked to her, got to know her. We were planning on teaching her the Restoration. The more we talked with her the more I kept anything we need to teach the Plan of Salvation! At the same time Sister Bodily was thinking it was better to leave than to teach the Restoration right then. So we didn't and then I started teaching the Plan of Salvation! And so did Sister Bodily! And then we just kept going, pulling all of these scriptures out! It was crazy!! Like I was teaching but IT WASN'T ME!! and what made it so special was Mary's reaction. She was like WOW!!! This is so amazing!! She told us that we taught her more in a half hour than she has ever learned in her entire life. She kept saying, "I need to go to y'alls church. I need to go to y'alls church." Yes, Mary. Come to Jesus Christ's church, He wants you there. When we were walking out the door, she said, "wait." very concerned like. We were like uhhh. She told us that she doesn't have anything to wear to church. Mary! Friend! Daughter of God! Where whatever you have! The Lord will accept you in His church. With whatever you are able to wear. I love her, she is amazing. That was truly the most amazing lesson I've had on my mission! 

President Sainsbury told us that we need to write our miracles down to show God we truly are grateful for them. So during dinner we just wrote all about the experience and wow it took four pages and almost the whole hour!! Granted I write a lot in my journal anyways but still this was so special! I love journals! 

Arials little girl loves to pose for pictures! 
Grace and her cute talk!
Yesterday Sister Fallows asked us to come in and help the young women know how to better explain the God Head to people if they were to be asked about it. We shared some things and scriptures with them but the COOLEST thing was I recited the first vision to them. What makes this so special was when I was 14 a sister missionary recited it to our class. That was the first time I truly remember feeling the Spirit abundantly! That is also when I decided I was g
oing on a mission!! Now five years later I was able to be the missionary in the story! It was amazing!! After cutie Grace came up to us and told us she wants to go on a mission!!! She wrote a talk on patience and wanted to share it with us! TENDER MERCY!!! 


This truly is the best thing in the world! Missions are hard but they are suppose to be because that's what makes your need for a Savior increase! I truly could not do this without my Him. I love Him! I love being a missionary! 

i invite y'all this week to go to the temple!! Write miracles down!! Read and PONDER the First Vision! Look for the way the Lord is apart of your life! He is there, He is ALWAYS there! He loves you so much!! I love y'all so much!! 

have a great week y'all๐Ÿ’œ

We are branching out and really learning how to cook! We were pretty pumped we were able to cook a whole ham!!!

Hamburger Heaven is the YUMMIEST burger place right by the temple





We bought Llama stuffed animals at Walmart today because they were so cute and make us so happen when life is hard haha

We had exchanges with Athens!


No comments:

Post a Comment