Monday, October 22, 2018

Depend on Christ!!! That's why He is here!


 I LOVE CULLMAN

We had to take a picture of the Alabama Flag on our run in the morning

Hello everyone!! 

Cullman is the most amazing place!! So many life changing people here. Including the Cullman Ward and the people we are teaching. I literally just cry all the time about how much I love them! I didn't even know my heart could LOVE so many people, on such a deep level. It's truly because I've been able to love them like the Savior does, and it's changed my life! 

I just want to talk about some of the people that have changed my life! 


Beth is the sweetest and most genuine person. She always has water bottles for us on hand! She is hilarious and truly just wants to follow Christ. She has been taught by missionaries for years and she is still searching to know for herself that this Gospel is truly Christ's. She accepted to be baptized when she receives her answer!!!! 

Tommy has so much going on in his life right now and is just putting others needs before his own. Truly the definition of a selfless person! We taught him and he was so interested in knowing for himself if its true! He said that when he gets his answer that it is true, He wants to be apart of it and will be baptized!!! 

Sister Brown,Sheridon and I at dinner
Sheridon has been going to church her whole life but was never baptized. She has a heart of love and is so good!! Every time we teach her she knows exactly what she needs to d , and she is dedicated to doing it! She is so determined to strengthen her testimony of this Gospel and then is going to be baptized!! We went out to dinner with her this week and all the workers came to meet us. hahah our server told them we were unrealistically nice and they had to see for themselves! We talked with them and told them who we were and why we were so happy. They ended up offering Sheridon a job! miracles!!! 

Tracy is the definition of enduring to the end. He life is on hold right now because of some legal things so she is at a stand still. While she has so much to be down about she keeps trying to do what is right! Yesterday in Relief Society she bore her testimony how she never knew who God was or that He loves her. She talked about her trials and then testified of how the Book of Mormon brings her peace and shows her she not alone, that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are there for her no matter how hard life is. She is patiently waiting for her baptize and keeps trusting God! She is incredible!!! 

These are just a few of the many people who I've been able to see change and draw close to Christ. I will never understand why God let me come here and be apart of there lives. These people deserve everything and I'm trying to do all I can to help them draw closer to the truth, because they deserve it!! THEY"RE INCREDIBLE!! 

While there are soooo many miracles, there is always going to be opposition! This week I really didn't see why I'm so blessed to be here! Why I get to witness these miracles! I didn't see that I was enough for these amazing people. The truth is I really am not, I'm imperfect and don't know everything, luckily I'm not doing this alone!! I have the master teacher by my side, the greatest missionary this world has ever known, Jesus Christ my Savior!

I forgot how I needed to depend on Him this week. I forgot that I don't have to do this all alone. I forgot that this life is about changing and becoming better! I forgot that He chose to die for me, suffer my pains and sorrows so that in this moment when I need Him most, HE IS HERE! 

I know that He is here for me, I just forgot to let Him in. This life can get overwhelming trying to balance everything, do everything and be everything. Luckily that isn't what Heavenly Father wants for us. He sent a Savior, Jesus Christ so that me AND Him can be enough for these life changing people. So me AND Him can do this wonderful work. 

I know that Jesus Christ Lives! I know He lives for me, and for YOU! I'm grateful for this knowledge and that I was reminded once again this week of the great need of a Savior I have.
I'm eternally grateful that He is here! 

I love y'all so much!! Remember with Christ you are enough, you aren't alone, you can do all things!! Have a great week!!! 



Having Dinner with Sheridon
-Sister Schultz 

No comments:

Post a Comment