Monday, October 1, 2018

Transfer Week--I am staying in Cullman


Sister Turner, Sister Clifford, me Sister and Brother Frye


Hey Y'all!! This has been an incredible week!! We found out last night that Sister Clifford and Sister Turner will be leaving Cullman and I will be here with someone knew! It's going to be very hard to say goodbye to them!! I'm grateful for the time the Lord gave me to serve with them. They're two amazing missionaries who have not only helped the people in Cullman change, but me as well. I love them!!! I'm so grateful I get to stay in Cullman because this place has literally changed my life, Everyday we see miracles and I am forever grateful I've been apart of this!


We went to camp Hulaco last p-day and that is where they have girls camp. The Fryes took us and wow I love them so much!! I will send lots of pictures because it is beautiful, It felt like I was back home. Truly grateful for that experience and for the Frye's taking us!

We had our last exchange this week with the Madison Sisters. The work has progressed so much because of all the work these sisters have done here. Exchanges bring miracles and I'm so grateful I get to serve along side so many wonderful sisters!

We also had two referrals this week, Connie and Sheridon. Connie was taught by sisters in Indiana and just moved here. She is very excited to continue to learn. We taught her the restoration again and she said she knows that this is the true church! She said that she knew it was true because every time that she had a question, it was always answered. That's the thing, God doesn't want to keep things from us. He wants us to know the truth and continue to gain knowledge in this life to help us progress towards Him. That is the whole purpose of the Gospel, so we know what we need to do in this life to progress to eternal life. I'm grateful for the true Gospel of Jesus Christ being restored to the earth. I'm even more honored that Heavenly Father allows me to teach such perfect doctrine to His children here on earth. This is the greatest thing I've ever done in my life!! At the end of the lesson, she accepted an the invitation to be baptized! God truly does place miracles in our lives daily, I'm grateful He came me Connie!

Sheridon's mom is a member in Gardendale and so she has grown up going to church all her life. She was never allowed to be baptized because her father has different beliefs. We've been able to create such a great relationship with her this week! Yesterday we went over and I painted her nails haha she's the greatest, I feel like I've known her my whole life!  before we left we asked her if she would be interested in taking the missionary lessons. She just lit up when we asked!! She was so happy to learn more and finally choose for herself how she is going to live. I'm so grateful Heavenly Father has been preparing her for this moment and that He is allowing me to be apart of her life!

We were tracting one day and met the Moss family. They are the most adorable and welcoming family I've ever met!! They have the cutest kids who always respond to us with "yes ma'am". It melts my heart every time. The south really does know how to raise kids to be respectful! They are a special family!! We were able to teach them the restoration as well and the spirit was so strong!!! The more and more I teach it the more the spirit testifies to me that it's true! That this is Christ's church once again upon the earth. You can come to know that it is for yourself you truly read the Book of Mormon. That is why we have it, to stand as a witness not only that Christ lives, but that His teachings have been restored! When we offered them to read the Book of Mormon they were so eager to accept it. I'm so grateful to be apart of their lives as they come to know for themselves this is the TRUTH! I don't know what I did to deserve such miraculous people to be placed in my path, but I'll never stop thanking my Heavenly Father for it!

I thought I was coming on a mission to serve my Savior and help His work progress. To sacrifice these 18 months because He sacrificed everything for me. But I've realized now that He called me on a mission so that my life will continue to become greater. That I will be able to grow into who He knows I can be. I thought I would come out and give everything to Him, but in return He has given me more than I'll be able to comprehend. My mission means everything to me and I am forever grateful for the time He is allowing me to serve here!

I would just invite y'all to try and see this week what you can give up to better grow towards Him. I can promise y'all that when you give everything to Him, you will see that in return He'll give you something that will mean everything to you. You'll have a life that the Savior can walk to with you. You'll come to know without a doubt that He truly is the Savior of the world, and that means He's YOUR Savior!! Nothing you ever give up could mean more than that.

I love serving a mission!!! I will never be able to thank my Heavenly Father for trusting me here or my Savior for shaping me into who I can be. I love Alabama, I love my mission, I love my Savior and I love all of y'all!!

Have a great week!!

-Sister Schultz  












Brother and Sister Frye1 Girls Camp







Sister Clifford, Sister Turner and me.  Nice to be at the Camp








No comments:

Post a Comment